Plants clean the air! There are a few really nice, big, air-scrubbing plants that would work well in your home. This article in Wikipedia about the NASA Clean Air Study has some good information.
How I can best help you is to talk with you (via email, Facetime, chat, whatever is easy) about your space and requirements. I make recommendations, give you a cost, and I can deliver within a day or two if needed. We have a small greenhouse so I don’t have many big plants on hand, but my supplier is very close by and I can get them quickly.
Pet-friendly indoor plants:
Bamboo Palm - Chamaedorea seifrizii. These range from $80 - $140.
Lady palm - Rhapis excelsa. These are the workhorse of any hotel, office or home. They can take low light and neglect thus the hefty price tag. These typically go from between $100 - $400 but they are worth every penny.
Calathea rufibarba - Gorgeous and colorful, but keep this one watered if you don’t want crispy edges. They range from $35 - $60
Plants that need high light.
High light plants require four to six hours of direct sunlight. Direct sun from a south, east or west window. During the summer months you would move them a bit away from the window and water more often.
• Aloe - Aloe vera
• Ponytail Palm - Beaucarnea recurvata
• Cacti & Succulents - All types
• Croton - Codiaeum variegatum
• Jade Plant - Crassula argentea
• Weeping Fig - Ficus benjamina
• Rubber Tree - Ficus elastica
• Fiddle Leaf Fig - Ficus lyrata
• Schefflera - Schefflera actinophylla
• Yucca - Yucca elephantipes
Plants that need medium light.
Medium light plants grow well in bright eastern exposures with morning sun or placed four to six feet away from a south or west window.
• Dumb Cane - Dieffenbachia sp.
• Dragon Tree - Dracaena marginata
• Nuda Ficus - Ficus nuda
• Philodendron - Philodendron sp.
• Weeping Pododcarpus - Podocarpus sp.
• Mini Schefflera - Schefflera arboricola
Plants that can handle low light.
Low light plants like sun from north facing windows.
• Cast Iron Plant - Aspidistra elatior. These guys can really handle low light, I have them in my daylight basement.
• Bamboo Plant - Chamaedorea erupens
• Reed Palm - Chamaedorea seifrizii
• Parlor Palm - Chamaedorea elegans
• Grape Ivy - Cissus rhombifolia
• Kentia Palm - Howea forsteriana
• Mother-in-Law’s Tongue / Snake plant - Sanseveria sp. You can’t kill this. If you kill it I want to meet you.
• Peace Lilly - Spathiphyllum sp.
We serve Kirkland, WA and surrounding areas. Redmond, appointment, Bellevue, Medina, Woodinville. We specialize in handmade pots and unusual plants, but also supply beautiful house plants and outdoor plants for your deck or porch! We are a by-appointment nursery in Kirkland, WA. We are happy to give you indoor plant help!